Ive been here against North Carolina

Ive been here against North Carolina

Mesajde ruogu1234 » 21 Ian 2020, 09:57

NEW YORK -- Geno Smith: three points. Michael Vick: seven. Quarterback controversy for the New York Jets? Nope. Not even close. OK, well, not yet. "Well just let this thing play out," coach Rex Ryan said. "Its our first preseason game. Obviously, we know we have two excellent quarterbacks." Smith led the Jets to a field goal in his two series with the starters in a 13-10 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday night. Vick created a bit of a buzz by leading a touchdown drive with the first-team offence, and showing he can still make plays with his legs. While the Jets maintain the two are competing, it has been clear its Smiths job to lose -- and he did nothing to downgrade his spot on the depth chart. Smith was 4 of 6 for 33 yards -- including a drive capped by a 51-yard field goal by Nick Folk -- before giving way to Vick. He also had an impressive Vick-like 10-yard scramble on a read-option. "I thought Geno played extremely well," Ryan said. "He had a few throwaways. I thought he did a great job stepping up in the pocket a few times and protecting the ball." Smith is taking 75 per cent of the first-team snaps during camp. Ryan and the Jets need to know for sure what theyve got in Smith -- or if they need to go back to the drawing board next off-season. The 34-year-old Vick came out to cheers and led a 14-play drive with the starters that tied it at 10 in the second quarter. It came mostly against the Colts defensive backups and was also helped by two 15-yard penalties on Indianapolis. "To have a 14-play drive, it only builds your confidence," Vick said. Vick also got the MetLife Stadium crowd fired up when he took off to his left as the pocket collapsed, avoided a tackle attempt and zipped downfield for 15 yards for a first down. "He looked great, shoot," Ryan said with a big smile. Vick, who ran with the backups in his second drive, finished 3 of 6 for 17 yards and rushed three times for 19 yards. "I did all right," he said. "Couldve been better." Both Smith and Vick have had a solid but not spectacular training camp so far. The big thing for Smith is that he appears to have cut back on the debilitating mistakes he made through most of his rookie season. He stared down his receivers many times and also struggled with ball security while committing 25 turnovers. "I was going through my reads pretty smoothly," Smith said of his two drives. "A couple of those plays, they got some guys that were free on me and I had to get the ball away. But other than that, the game felt good." Vick was signed in March to give the Jets a veteran backup who could push Smith and step in if he falters or is injured. Vick is familiar with offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinwegs system from their days together in Philadelphia, so he made for the perfect choice. While he still believes he could start and star in the NFL, Vick has been saying all the right things -- including that Smith is the unquestioned starter. Despite leading the touchdown drive, Vick isnt anticipating any additional snaps with the first-team offence when practices resume Saturday. Because of his ability to make plays with his legs, the notion of using Vick in a wildcat-like role is intriguing. Vick, however, isnt so high on the idea, simply because he believes it disrupts the timing of the quarterback and the offence. "I think it has to be done at the right time," he said. "I experienced that in Philadelphia with Donovan (McNabb) at times. You want to go out there and let the quarterback get into a rhythm and not try to do too much. I think thats doing too much." But then, Vick left the door opened a bit for the possibility. "When the time calls for it," he said, "then I think the coaches will see fit that thats put in." Adrian Amos Super Bowl Jersey . -- David Freese is starting to pick up his run production, which is something the Los Angeles Angels have been waiting half a season to see. Billy Turner Super Bowl Jersey . Watch the action live on TSN and listen on TSN 1050 Radio beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. The Raptors maintained their spot atop the Atlantic Friday after defeating the Wizards, 96-88, for their second win in a row. http://www.officialgreenbaypackerspro.com/Tramon-williams-packers-jersey/ .A. Dickey earned an American League Gold Glove on Tuesday to become the first Toronto Blue Jays pitcher to win the award. Marquez Valdes-Scantling Super Bowl Jersey . "For the past several weeks, Logan has been dealing and playing with an upper body injury," said general manager Doug Wilson in a statement. "Despite his efforts to play through it, the injury has not responded as we had hoped and Logan has made the decision to undergo a surgical procedure to repair the problem. Brett Favre Super Bowl Jersey .Y. - His opponent couldnt stop him, and LeBron James didnt quite know what to think when his coach tried. AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Oakland had a chance to upset No. 5 Michigan State on Saturday. It just couldnt keep up with the Spartans on the glass. Duke Mondy scored 24 points, but the Golden Grizzlies were outrebounded by nine during a 67-63 loss to Branden Dawson and Michigan State. "There are no moral victories here at Oakland," coach Greg Kampe said, thanking Tom Izzo for scheduling his team. "We passed that point of being close long ago. We were close again and just couldnt beat them." Mondy, the nations leader in steals, had seven swipes for the Golden Grizzlies (2-9). Travis Bader, who grew up in the shadows of Michigan State, had 18 points and Corey Petros added 11 for Oakland, winless in 12 games in the series. I had seven steals?" Mondy said. "I didnt even know that. I have great anticipation. Im not a gambler, but I like to gamble sometimes." Bader went 4 for 14 from long range to move within 56 3-pointers of J.J. Redicks NCAA record, drawing rave reviews from Izzo. "I love that kid," Izzo said of Bader, the son of his former director of basketball operations. "I grew up with that kid, and he grew up with me. If ever a kid deserves success, its him. I hope he breaks the record." Izzo had no idea how Dawson would play after he challenged the enigmatic forward following a disappointing effort against North Carolina. He got the answer he was looking for in a home game for Oakland at The Palace. Dawson had 16 points and 13 rebounds for the short-handed Spartans (8-1), who were rusty and turnover-prone after a 10-day break. "I thought Dawson really responded today," Izzo said. "I got after him pretty good." Dawson took only two shots and had two turnovers in 17 minutes during Michigan States 79-65 home loss to the Tar Heels on Dec. 4. It was a much different story against the Golden Grizzllies, with Dawson going 7 for 13 from the field and blocking three shots in 36 minutes.dddddddddddd "There was a different mindset and definitely a different approach," Dawson said. "Id just had one of the worst games since Ive been here against North Carolina. So the guys all pushed me, and Coach talked to me." Keith Appling scored 18 of his 21 points in the second half for the Spartans, and Adreian Payne had 20 points and 10 rebounds. Michigan State played without leading scorer Gary Harris, who is nursing an ankle injury. The Spartans also were without big men Matt Costello (mononucleosis) and Kenny Kaminski (academic suspension). The Golden Grizzlies jumped to a 20-12 lead, taking advantage of the Spartans sloppiness. Oakland had four assists on its first five baskets, while Michigan State was recording one assist and committing seven turnovers. "The start they had kept them in the game," Izzo said. "If wed gotten them down early, maybe some of those losses theyve had wouldve mounted." Michigan State managed to rally for a 35-31 lead early in the second half on two jumpers by Appling. But Oakland wouldnt go away. Baders third 3 tied it at 50 with 7:44 to play. He was 4 for 14 from long range. An Appling 3 and a Bader turnover helped Michigan State take a five-point advantage, its largest of the day to that point. Another Bader turnover and a layup and free throw by Appling built the cushion to 58-50 and seemed to create some daylight. "They were just so physical," Kampe said. "A couple of our bigger backups are out for the season, and we just dont have the size to match them. We werent physical enough, and Dawson had his way down in there." The Golden Grizzlies closed to 60-56 with 2:42 left. But Travis Trice hit a 3 at the end of the shot clock to give the Spartans a seven-point edge. ' ' '

ruogu1234
Curios

Înapoi la Seria "M"